Saturday, April 11, 2009

It has been 5 days since my last post

When I began this blog 6 weeks ago I set up a reminder for myself to post every 3 days. Until this week I've been able to keep up with that commitment. Yesterday I spent an hour or so reading various news pieces relative to mortgage and real estate in an effort to come up with a topic of my own. Now here it is Saturday morning and 5 days since my last post and 5 days before the deadline for filing 2008 income taxes. In between all of this I've got an increasing number of really terrific customers and I am so grateful and having so much fun helping them navigate the market and make sense of the opportunities this market presents.

Thinking about all of this a children's nursery rhyme song keeps running around my brain
'I like my job, I like it fine. Nobody has a better job than mine.'
and I'm smiling because it's so simple yet so true for me.

Also, twitter message to my phone this morning prompted me upon a quote by American Physicist, Richard Feynman
'If you have any talent, or any occupation that delights you, do it and do it to the hilt. Don't ask why, or what difficulties you may get into.'

I realized, rather than struggling with 'blogger's block' I'd just sort of do a quick brain dump. Most people respond well to this. Others become suspicious of what my motives might be or percieve it as a lack of experience. But it's okay. I'm not the type of person that will nod in agreement as someone slops up or sells garbage believing or acting like it's vanilla ice cream. Nor am I intimidated by rank. In people and in practice, I respect authenticity most. Status quos are not reality. I don't think being popular for being unpopular is necessarily a bad thing.

I'm doing this to the hilt!

No comments: